Q. Re-arrange the jumbled sentences.
1. evening/ do/ in/your/parents/the/?/watch.
2. mornings./ the/ takes/eight/on/ always/bus/Monday/Jeremy/o’clock
4. in/friends/do/shopping/go/like/her/rogers/is/she/when/mr. rooger/is
6. (a) his/mama/followed/baby/bear/the
(e) eating/ starting/she/them
7. is/good/for/both/ young/adults/and/early/rising
8. place/our/ music/lives/important/has/in/an
Q. Fill in the blanks with suitable prepositions.
11. My best friend lives ______ Boretz Road.
22. I'll be ready to leave ____ about twenty minutes.
33. Since he met his new girlfriend, Juan never seems to be ___ home.
44. The child responded to his mother's demands ______ throwing a tantrum. I think she spent the entire afternoon ______ the phone.
55. I will wait ____6:30, but then I'm going home.
66. The police caught the thief _____ the corner of Cascade and Plum going home street.
77. My fingers were injured so my sister had to write the note _____ me.
88. I am not interested _____ buying a new car now.
99. What are the main ingredients ______ this casserole?
110. My best friend, John, is named ______ his great-grandfather.
Q. Fill in the blanks with suitable Articles.
1. I like ___ blue T-shirt over there better than ___ red one.
2. Their car does 150 miles ___ hours.
3. Where’s ____ USB drive I lent you last week?
4. Do you still live in ____ Bristol?
5. Is your mother working in ____ old office building?
6. Carol’s father works as _____ electrician.
7. The tomatoes are 99 pence ______ kilo.
8. What do you usually have ______breakfast?
9. Ben has ______ terrible headache.
10. After this tour you have ______whole afternoon free to explore the city.
Q. Fill in the blanks with homophones.
1) The burning candle created a pleasant ____ in the room. ( scent/sent)
2) We’re going to Prague in the spring. Can you recommend some interesting _____? ( sites/sights)
3) If we’re taking the subway, I’ll need to borrow some money for the ____. (fair/fare_
4) Jimmy wants to be president one day. In fact, Bill Clinton is his ____. (idol/ ideal)
5) Congratulations! I heard you won a gold ____ in the swimming competition. (medal/meddle)
6) Would you like a piece of fruit? Perhaps a ____? (pear/pare)
7) Henry VIII’s ____ lasted for 38 years. (reign/rain)
8) They’re going to ___ several houses to clear the land for a shopping mall. (raise/rays)
9) I’ll need your help in making the lasagna. Would you please ____ the cheese? (great/grate)
10) Mike was sent to the _____ office for misbehaving. (principal’s/principle’s)